[ad_1] 11 Reasons why smartphones catch fire

11 Reasons why smartphones catch fire

Mar 16, 2023

By: Gadgets Now Bureau

​Know the warning signs

The first and the most obvious is a bulging or swollen battery. In the Bareilly incident too, the mobile's battery was swollen. If the battery swells up, junk the phone immediately.

Source: Gadgets Now

​Using a damaged phone

Never use a phone that is damaged or broken from somewhere. A cracked display or body frame may let water or sweat seep in the device or the battery and damage the internal components leading to a chemical reaction.

Source: Gadgets Now

Using fake or duplicate chargers

Be very careful of chargers you use. Always stick to the ones that come with your smartphones or go for company-certified chargers only. Never try to save money by buying cheap or duplicate chargers.

Source: Gadgets Now

Using third-party adapter, or mix-matching cables and adapters

It is always recommended to charge your smartphone with the original cable and adapter. Using a charger of any other brand may damage the battery of your smartphone. Third-party charging cables and adapters can overheat the device and lead to short circuits in the battery.

Source: Gadgets Now

Using damaged cables/cords

Take care of your cables. If the wire of your current charger is fraying or seems to have melted, it's time to get a new cable. Damaged wires can not only lead to charging issues but are also a fire hazard. Try not to wrap wires too tightly.

Source: Gadgets Now

Using third-party or fake batteries

This too is a big no. Never use third-party or fake batteries. Using such batteries can pose serious safety issues.

Source: Gadgets Now

Using car charging adapters to charge your phone

Using a power bank to charge your phone while driving is safer compared to using the car charging adapters. It may lead to a sudden surge of power that may cause your phone to explode.

Source: Gadgets Now

Too much overcharging your phone

It is not always necessary to charge your phone till 100%. It’s a good habit to stop charging the battery after 90% as this extends the lifespan of the battery. The damage, if caused, is usually caused after a long period of overnight charging.

Source: Gadgets Now

Using a power strip or extension cord

Charging your phone on a power strip or extension cord increases the risk of short circuits. Avoid charging your phone using these.

Source: Gadgets Now

Getting your phone repaired at local repair shops

Another big no is getting your phone repaired at local repair shops. Only go to authorised company service centres.

Source: Gadgets Now

​Overloading the phone’s chipset

Extreme usage with gaming and multi-tasking can cause the smartphone to heat up quickly. The main reason for the heat is the processor. To keep the devices safe, manufacturers add numerous cooling mechanisms for safety.

Source: Gadgets Now

Thanks For Reading!

Next: Samsung A54 is here, part of the company's 'popular A-series'